We created this article through the generous support of our readers. If you find this article helpful, please support us on Patreon. Your support helps us create more content like this.
In this episode of Brewed in Bangkok, Siddhant has a chat with Anthony Quinn, founder of Dee Dee Cashback.
Anthony started working in marketing with GAME, a video game chain in the UK before going to Thailand for a very long vacation, which involved working in Phuket for an e-Commerce store featured on eBay.
In Thailand, he met his girlfriend, who would later become his wife, and they ventured back to the UK for 8 years.
Anthony decided to return to Thailand and start his own business, which turned into Dee Dee Cashback.
Learn a thing or two from Anthony about affiliate marketing, working in Phuket, becoming a digital publisher, using cashback services in Thailand, and many other topics on this episode of Brewed in Bangkok.
- Founder of Dee Dee Cashback, a cashback website in Bangkok
- From West London but spent many years in Slough (where they shot “The Office”)
- Worked in marketing at GAME, a UK-based video game chain
- First started working on affiliate marketing at GAME
- Applied for an e-Commerce marketing job from a newspaper classified ad in Phuket and got the job
- Spent 1.5 years in Phuket before returning to the UK
- Appointed as an account manager at Linkshare in the UK
- Rose through the ranks in Linkshare and stayed there for 8 years
- Anthony and his wife, who is Thai, moved to London for work; they visited Thailand intermittently during their 8 years in the UK
- Founded Dee Dee Cashback after quitting his job at Linkshare and moving back to Bangkok with his wife
- Affiliate Marketing–What is it?
- Working in Phuket for a start-up
- Risk and reward decision for moving to Thailand instead of working in the UK
- Working and professional life in Phuket in the mid-2000s
- How start-up life is different
- What Linkshare does in the digital space and its connection to affiliate marketing
- “Behavioral re-targeting” is a thing
- Bangkok’s growth as a city from the late 2000s
- Motorcycle taxis are the “necessary evil”–get an app instead
- What does it mean to be a publisher in the digital space?
- Can non-marketing people become affiliate marketers?
- What is “Cashback”?
- How much money can you make in cashback?
- A small summary of Dee Dee Cashback’s business model
- How has Thailand responded to the Cashback storefront?
- Educating the customer about cashback
- How did the name “Dee Dee” come about?
- A rough estimate of how much money can be made by an individual using cashback transactions frequently
- Cashback stacks up with merchant discounts, which is a great tip for savvy shoppers
I had some help with this episode: Lou Pobjecky kindly helped me with a lot of the necessary audio edits to get the file in a listenable shape. Lou also put together the cover image.
Check out the complete collection of Brewed in Bangkok episodes.
If you’ve found this article helpful, please support us on Patreon.
Your support helps us create more content like this.
And because we value our Patrons, not just as supporters of Thailand Starter Kit, but as members of our close-knit expat community, you’ll get access to some special perks as well.