Looking to get in touch? Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions, contact e-mails for additional information and a link to our Facebook group where you can receive advice on your individual circumstances. If none of those are of help, please also feel free to get in touch with me directly.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What steps do I need to take to receive or extend a visa or work permit? Most visa and work permit questions are answered here and here. For more specific and individual advice, I recommend talking to a lawyer well-versed in immigration matters. If you need a recommendation for a competent, ethical and affordable one, drop me a line at email@example.com.
- Can you help me find a job? If you are looking for a job in IT, there’s a good chance I can help out. Send me your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get back to you right away. Otherwise, check out this guide on finding a job in Thailand.
- Where should I stay in Bangkok? I live in Rachadaphisek, though I’d only recommend the area if you don’t have to commute. If you want some help with your search for an apartment, send me an e-mail to email@example.com with budget, requirements, and preferred location and I’ll connect you with a reputable real estate agent.
- What health insurance should I pick? I personally use ACS – you can read up my experience with them. For a comparison of alternatives, you can check out Mister Prakan – here’s why I like them.
- How do I go about starting a business in Thailand? If you need feedback on the business or idea side of things, post a comment in this article. If you want some insight into incorporation and other legal matters, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll put you in touch with a lawyer I can recommend.
Still Have a Question? Here’s How to Get An Answer Fast.
If you have any other questions, are in a specific situation you need help with or need some additional details, the fastest way to get an answer is our Facebook group, Thailand Starter Kit Community. I read all questions posted and if I can’t provide an answer myself, one of the many other knowledgeable readers usually can.
Contact Karsten Personally
If you want to get in touch with me (that’s Karsten), please use the form below, follow me on Twitter or connect with me on LinkedIn. I don’t bite, love feedback and read all e-mails (even if I can’t always reply to all messages I receive).
Please note that for specific questions relating to moving to Thailand or living here, I’d prefer if you post them in the Facebook group linked above.
You can also e-mail me directly at email@example.com.