Domnick Dumais is taking a more colorful route through life than most people. From starting ice skating at age 2, things took a turn for the more extreme when he got stabbed at age 12, before becoming a TV-featured, teenage pro-wrestler. And that was just the start of it.
This episode of Brewed in Bangkok is a co-production between Karsten and Dom. It’s not only episode 4 of this podcast, but also episode 21 of Dom’s podcast.
- Dom started ice skating (00:25)
- Karate, the mistake of mysticism, origins and distinctions (3:20)
- Getting into fights (7:50)
- Getting stabbed (10:25)
- Street fighting (13:15)
- Becoming a radio show host in high school (15:15)
- Teenage pro-wrestling (17:20)
- Joining the Navy (22:28)
- Learning the tricks of door-to-door vacuum salesmen (26:30)
- Fantasy discussions and amputations (34:40)
- Martial arts in Thailand (39:45)
- Dom Dumais in Bangkok, Domnick’s website and podcast
- Role Playing Games, Dom’s podcast episode about role playing games
Did you enjoy this episode? Looking for more? Take a look at my interview with the well-known photojournalist Nick Nostitz
While you're here!
We have a small favor to ask. Readership at Thailand Starter Kit has grown but the revenue we bring in each month hasn’t matched our running costs. Unlike many other websites, we don’t want to put up a paywall or ruin your reading experience with an overwhelming amount of third-party ads. So you understand why we need your support. Thailand Starter Kit’s unmatched, long-form guides on living, working, retiring, and starting a business in Thailand take a lot of time, money, and hard work to create. But we do it because we believe in helping expats just like you—because we are/were also in your shoes.
If everyone reading our guides helps fund them, our future as expats in Thailand will be much easier. For as little as $1 you can support Thailand Starter Kit—and it only takes a minute. Thank you.