We created this article through the generous support of our readers. If you find this article helpful, please support us on Patreon. Your support helps us create more content like this.
Domnick Dumais is taking a more colorful route through life than most people. From starting ice skating at age 2, things took a turn for the more extreme when he got stabbed at age 12, before becoming a TV-featured, teenage pro-wrestler. And that was just the start of it.
This episode of Brewed in Bangkok is a co-production between Karsten and Dom. It’s not only episode 4 of this podcast, but also episode 21 of Dom’s podcast.
- Dom started ice skating (00:25)
- Karate, the mistake of mysticism, origins and distinctions (3:20)
- Getting into fights (7:50)
- Getting stabbed (10:25)
- Street fighting (13:15)
- Becoming a radio show host in high school (15:15)
- Teenage pro-wrestling (17:20)
- Joining the Navy (22:28)
- Learning the tricks of door-to-door vacuum salesmen (26:30)
- Fantasy discussions and amputations (34:40)
- Martial arts in Thailand (39:45)
- Dom Dumais in Bangkok, Domnick’s website and podcast
- Role Playing Games, Dom’s podcast episode about role playing games
Did you enjoy this episode? Looking for more? Take a look at my interview with the well-known photojournalist Nick Nostitz
If you’ve found this article helpful, please support us on Patreon.
Your support helps us create more content like this.
And because we value our Patrons, not just as supporters of Thailand Starter Kit, but as members of our close-knit expat community, you’ll get access to some special perks as well.