In this guide you’ll come across affiliate and partner links. When you click and use their services or buy their products, Thailand Starter Kit gets a small commission. You won’t pay anything extra for these services or products, but the small commission helps us cover the costs of running this website.
Domnick Dumais is taking a more colorful route through life than most people. From starting ice skating at age 2, things took a turn for the more extreme when he got stabbed at age 12, before becoming a TV-featured, teenage pro-wrestler. And that was just the start of it.
This episode of Brewed in Bangkok is a co-production between Karsten and Dom. It’s not only episode 4 of this podcast, but also episode 21 of Dom’s podcast.
- Dom started ice skating (00:25)
- Karate, the mistake of mysticism, origins and distinctions (3:20)
- Getting into fights (7:50)
- Getting stabbed (10:25)
- Street fighting (13:15)
- Becoming a radio show host in high school (15:15)
- Teenage pro-wrestling (17:20)
- Joining the Navy (22:28)
- Learning the tricks of door-to-door vacuum salesmen (26:30)
- Fantasy discussions and amputations (34:40)
- Martial arts in Thailand (39:45)
- Dom Dumais in Bangkok, Domnick’s website and podcast
- Role Playing Games, Dom’s podcast episode about role playing games
Did you enjoy this episode? Looking for more? Take a look at my interview with the well-known photojournalist Nick Nostitz
We have a small favor to ask. Readership at Thailand Starter Kit has grown but the revenue we bring in each month isn’t matching our running costs. Thailand Starter Kit’s unmatched, long-form guides on living, working, renting, and starting businesses in Thailand take a lot of time, money, and hard work to create. But we do it because we believe in helping expats just like you—because we are also in your shoes.
If everyone reading our guides helps fund them, our future as expats in Thailand will be much easier. For as little as $1 you can support Thailand Starter Kit—and it only takes a minute. Thank you.