Dave Crimaldi, better known as the ‘Rock Philosopher’, is an underground music journalist based in Bangkok. In this episode, he shares his journey from becoming a hardcore gamer in Korea to covering the independent music scene in Bangkok. Joining Karsten for this episode is his co-host Greg Jorgensen from BangkokPodcast.com. Together they talk about gaming, music and volunteering at a refugee camp in Thailand.
‘When I Played, I Played’ – Rock Philosopher @davecrimaldi on playing WoW 16 hours a day.
- Gamer son of an Italian plumber (02:30)
- Moving to South Korea (02:45)
- Moving to Thailand (11:30)
- Thailand Refugee Camp (12:50)
- Teaching and Studying in Thailand (27:00)
- World of Warcraft (31:00)
- Rock Philosophy, Dave’s website about music in Bangkok
- Greg to Differ, Greg Jorgensen’s thoughts on living and working in Thailand’s capital
- Bangkok Podcast, a podcast about life in Bangkok hosted by Greg Jorgensen and Anthony Joh
Check out the next episode of Brewed in Bangkok: BiB003: From Swiss Office Drone to Elite Personal Trainer. If you’re curious about my own thoughts on charity work, you can check out my post about Issue-Agnostic Philanthropy.
Have a question? Ask our community for help.