Dave Crimaldi, better known as the ‘Rock Philosopher’, is an underground music journalist based in Bangkok. In this episode, he shares his journey from becoming a hardcore gamer in Korea to covering the independent music scene in Bangkok. Joining Karsten for this episode is his co-host Greg Jorgensen from BangkokPodcast.com. Together they talk about gaming, music and volunteering at a refugee camp in Thailand.
‘When I Played, I Played’ – Rock Philosopher @davecrimaldi on playing WoW 16 hours a day.
- Gamer son of an Italian plumber (02:30)
- Moving to South Korea (02:45)
- Moving to Thailand (11:30)
- Thailand Refugee Camp (12:50)
- Teaching and Studying in Thailand (27:00)
- World of Warcraft (31:00)
- Rock Philosophy, Dave’s website about music in Bangkok
- Greg to Differ, Greg Jorgensen’s thoughts on living and working in Thailand’s capital
- Bangkok Podcast, a podcast about life in Bangkok hosted by Greg Jorgensen and Anthony Joh
Check out the next episode of Brewed in Bangkok: BiB003: From Swiss Office Drone to Elite Personal Trainer. If you’re curious about my own thoughts on charity work, you can check out my post about Issue-Agnostic Philanthropy.
If you love our content and want us to create more of this, please support us on Patreon.
If you have any specific questions, ask here and someone from our team will usually reply within a couple days.