We created this article through the generous support of our readers. If you find this article helpful, please support us on Patreon. Your support helps us create more content like this.
Dave Crimaldi, better known as the ‘Rock Philosopher’, is an underground music journalist based in Bangkok. In this episode, he shares his journey from becoming a hardcore gamer in Korea to covering the independent music scene in Bangkok. Joining Karsten for this episode is his co-host Greg Jorgensen from BangkokPodcast.com. Together they talk about gaming, music and volunteering at a refugee camp in Thailand.
‘When I Played, I Played’ – Rock Philosopher @davecrimaldi on playing WoW 16 hours a day.
- Gamer son of an Italian plumber (02:30)
- Moving to South Korea (02:45)
- Moving to Thailand (11:30)
- Thailand Refugee Camp (12:50)
- Teaching and Studying in Thailand (27:00)
- World of Warcraft (31:00)
- Rock Philosophy, Dave’s website about music in Bangkok
- Greg to Differ, Greg Jorgensen’s thoughts on living and working in Thailand’s capital
- Bangkok Podcast, a podcast about life in Bangkok hosted by Greg Jorgensen and Anthony Joh
Check out the next episode of Brewed in Bangkok: BiB003: From Swiss Office Drone to Elite Personal Trainer. If you’re curious about my own thoughts on charity work, you can check out my post about Issue-Agnostic Philanthropy.
If you’ve found this article helpful, please support us on Patreon.
Your support helps us create more content like this.
And because we value our Patrons, not just as supporters of Thailand Starter Kit, but as members of our close-knit expat community, you’ll get access to some special perks as well.