Dave Crimaldi, better known as the ‘Rock Philosopher’, is an underground music journalist based in Bangkok. In this episode, he shares his journey from becoming a hardcore gamer in Korea to covering the independent music scene in Bangkok. Joining Karsten for this episode is his co-host Greg Jorgensen from BangkokPodcast.com. Together they talk about gaming, music and volunteering at a refugee camp in Thailand.
‘When I Played, I Played’ – Rock Philosopher @davecrimaldi on playing WoW 16 hours a day.
- Gamer son of an Italian plumber (02:30)
- Moving to South Korea (02:45)
- Moving to Thailand (11:30)
- Thailand Refugee Camp (12:50)
- Teaching and Studying in Thailand (27:00)
- World of Warcraft (31:00)
- Rock Philosophy, Dave’s website about music in Bangkok
- Greg to Differ, Greg Jorgensen’s thoughts on living and working in Thailand’s capital
- Bangkok Podcast, a podcast about life in Bangkok hosted by Greg Jorgensen and Anthony Joh
Check out the next episode of Brewed in Bangkok: BiB003: From Swiss Office Drone to Elite Personal Trainer. If you’re curious about my own thoughts on charity work, you can check out my post about Issue-Agnostic Philanthropy.
While you're here!
We have a small favor to ask. Readership at Thailand Starter Kit has grown but the revenue we bring in each month hasn’t matched our running costs. Unlike many other websites, we don’t want to put up a paywall or ruin your reading experience with an overwhelming amount of third-party ads. So you understand why we need your support. Thailand Starter Kit’s unmatched, long-form guides on living, working, retiring, and starting a business in Thailand take a lot of time, money, and hard work to create. But we do it because we believe in helping expats just like you—because we are/were also in your shoes.
If everyone reading our guides helps fund them, our future as expats in Thailand will be much easier. For as little as $1 you can support Thailand Starter Kit—and it only takes a minute. Thank you.