Want to start your life of freedom as a digital nomad in Thailand? Thailand has become the new paradise for digital nomads from all over the world for many reasons.
On this page you’ll find out what you need to do to become a digital nomad in Thailand, the popular digital nomad locations, how to get your a legal work visa and permit, and other essential information for the digital life in Thailand.
And don’t forget to check out Thailand Starter Kit, the complete guide to helping you stay in Thailand long-term while saving thousands of dollars every year.
Recommended Articles for Retirees in Thailand
- How to Ditch the Desk at 53 and Retire in Thailand- Pat and I chose to escape the daily grind and retire early while we had our health, energy, and sense of adventure. Pat had worked much of his career in… ...
- Thai Health Insurance: Here’s What You Need to Know as an Expat- When I wrote about my cost of living in Bangkok, a common question I got by email was: “Hey Karsten, what health insurance are you using?” If that’s all you… ...
- Thailand Hospitals: What to Do When You Need Medical Treatment- Sooner or later you're going to have to visit a hospital in Thailand. Maybe you'll come down with the flu. Maybe you'll have an accident. Or, maybe you'll need a… ...
- Bangkok Health Checkups: Costs, Packages, and Hospitals- Do you get unexplained, frequent headaches? Does your lower back hurt all the time? Is it hard for you to fall asleep at night? These are questions you and many… ...
- How to Write and File Your Last Will and Testament in Thailand- When I was younger, I thought I was invincible. I didn’t need to worry about all those things like Wills or Living Wills. I had plenty of time. But, after… ...
- Shipping to Thailand: Procedure, Costs, and Customs- International shipping is expensive. You want to make sure you make all the right steps so your package arrives at its destination on time and in tact. And you also… ...
- Learning Thai: Schools, Courses and Online Classes- When it comes to learning Thai language in Thailand, you have quite a few options. You can go to a physical school, so long as you have the free time.… ...
- An In-Depth Guide to Renting an Apartment in Bangkok- Before I first moved to Bangkok, I looked up some places online. It didn’t take me long to come across an apartment that looked absolutely stunning. It seemed a lot… ...
- How to Send Money to Thailand: The Fast, Cheap, Reliable Way- Sending money to Thailand can be a tricky matter. Between international transfer fees and hidden fees in exchange rates, you face a lot of pitfalls when transferring money from abroad… ...
- A Guide to Prepare a Trip and Spend Your Vacation in Thailand- When I went to Texas almost ten years ago, the people I met loved to ask the same question when they found out I was Thai: "Do Thai people still… ...
Get Exclusive Retirees Content
Get exclusive content that can’t be found on the website by becoming one of our supporters. With this content, you’ll discover insider strategies for expats, such as effective ways to get a job, negotiate rent, decrease medical expenses, and much more.
In addition to content, you’ll get..
- access to our 700+ member private Facebook group
- personal responses to your email questions
- monthly newsletters with Thailand deals and discounts
- and every ebook we publish
Your support helps us create more FREE guides on living, working, retiring, and starting businesses in Thailand.
Latest Articles for Retirees in Thailand
- XendPay Review: How to Send Money to Thailand for “Free”
- How to File Taxes in Thailand as an American Expat
- Vaccinations in Thailand: A Guide for Tourists and Expats
- Thailand Re-entry Permits: How NOT to Lose Your Thailand Visa
- How to Get a Residence Certificate in Thailand
- Thai Baht: How to Get the Absolute Best Exchange Rates
- Bangkok Cost of Living: How I Spend 80,658.52 Baht a Month (Update: January 2018)
- Thai SIM Cards: Plans, Data, Price, and Registration
- Making an International Money Transfer Quick and Cheap with TransferWise
- Thai Marriage Visas: Apply for and Renew Your One-Year Visa
If you want to read more than just our tourist articles, you can find our full list of guides on this page.