Want to start your life of freedom as a digital nomad in Thailand? Thailand has become the new paradise for digital nomads from all over the world for many reasons.
On this page you’ll find out what you need to do to become a digital nomad in Thailand, the popular digital nomad locations, how to get your a legal work visa and permit, and other essential information for the digital life in Thailand.
And don’t forget to check out Thailand Starter Kit, the complete guide to helping you stay in Thailand long-term while saving thousands of dollars every year.
Recommended Articles for Digital Nomads in Thailand
- How to Become a Digital Nomad in Chiang Mai- Money was tight. My business was languishing. My personal life was in the dumper and I was not a happy man. One of my best friends said only one thing… ...
- An In-Depth Guide to Thailand Visas: Applications, Requirements, and Extensions- Foreigners visit Thailand for different reasons. Certain visits require a Thai Visa, while some don’t. If you intend to stay long-term, this in-depth guide contains a comprehensive guideline, a list… ...
- Thai Health Insurance: Here’s What You Need to Know as an Expat- When I wrote about my cost of living in Bangkok, a common question I got by email was: “Hey Karsten, what health insurance are you using?” If that’s all you… ...
- An In-Depth Guide to Renting an Apartment in Bangkok- Before I first moved to Bangkok, I looked up some places online. It didn’t take me long to come across an apartment that looked absolutely stunning. It seemed a lot… ...
- Moving To Thailand: A Guide for Expats to Live Here- From a new job to a new relationship, there are things that could draw you to live in Thailand, the Land of Smiles. This article aims to show you all… ...
- Learning Thai: Schools, Courses and Online Classes- When it comes to learning Thai language in Thailand, you have quite a few options. You can go to a physical school, so long as you have the free time.… ...
- Opening a Thai Bank Account: A Guide for Expats and Tourists- One of the first and most essential things expats need to figure out in Thailand is how to open a bank account. The guide below walks you through the most… ...
- How to Send Money to Thailand: The Fast, Cheap, Reliable Way- Sending money to Thailand can be a tricky matter. Between international transfer fees and hidden fees in exchange rates, you face a lot of pitfalls when transferring money from abroad… ...
- How to Get a Residence Certificate in Thailand- There I was, crammed in the same tiny photocopying room for the second time in just ten minutes. The young kid working behind the copier recognized me, reached out his… ...
Get Exclusive Digital Nomads Content
Get exclusive content that can’t be found on the website by becoming one of our supporters. With this content, you’ll discover insider strategies for expats, such as effective ways to get a job, negotiate rent, decrease medical expenses, and much more.
In addition to content, you’ll get..
- access to our 700+ member private Facebook group
- personal responses to your email questions
- monthly newsletters with Thailand deals and discounts
- and every ebook we publish
Your support helps us create more FREE guides on living, working, retiring, and starting businesses in Thailand.
Latest Articles for Digital Nomads in Thailand
- How to File Taxes in Thailand as an American Expat
- An In-Depth Guide to Fitness in Bangkok: Activities, Locations, and Prices
- An Expat’s Guide to Finding Work in Thailand
- Vaccinations in Thailand: A Guide for Tourists and Expats
- Thailand Re-entry Permits: How NOT to Lose Your Thailand Visa
- Thai Baht: How to Get the Absolute Best Exchange Rates
- AMA With Monlamai Vichienwanitchkul on Digital Marketing in Thailand
- Bitcoins in Thailand: Mine, Use, and Trade Cryptocurrencies
- Thailand’s New 4-Year SMART Visa–Find Out if You Qualify
- AMA With Pongkarn Khunpasee: Visas, Work Permits, and More
If you want to read more than just our tourist articles, you can find our full list of guides on this page.