If you live in Thailand or are planning to make Thailand your home, you should start here. On this page you’ll find a list of must-read articles and must-have services for Thailand expats.
The articles and services below will help you with applying for visas, finding work, moving, learning Thai, getting health insurance, and much more.
And if that’s not enough, you can also check out Thailand Starter Kit, the complete guide to helping you stay in Thailand long-term while saving thousands of dollars every year.
Recommended Articles for Thailand Expats
- Thai Health Insurance: Here’s What You Need to Know as an Expat - When I wrote about my cost of living in Bangkok a few weeks back, the most common question I received by e-mail was what health insurance I'm using. If that's ...
- Moving To Thailand: A Guide for Expats to Live Here - From a new job to a new relationship, there are things that could draw you to live in Thailand, the Land of Smiles. This article aims to show you all ...
- An In-Depth Guide to Renting an Apartment in Bangkok - Before I first moved to Bangkok, I looked up some places online. It didn't take me long to come across an apartment that looked absolutely stunning. It seemed a lot nicer ...
- Learning Thai: Schools, Courses and Online Classes - I can still remember the first time I arrived in Thailand. I had pictured a smooth transition from life back in the Philippines until I reached the Immigration booth with ...
- Bangkok Cost of Living: How I Spend 80,658.52 Baht a Month (Update: January 2018) - So, you're thinking about making Thailand your home. It happens to all of us. We come here on vacation. We fall in love with the food and the people and ...
- An In-Depth Guide to Thailand Visas: Applications, Requirements, and Extensions - Foreigners visit Thailand for different reasons. Certain visits require a Thai Visa, while some don’t. If you intend to stay long-term, this in-depth guide contains a comprehensive guideline, a list ...
- Shipping to Thailand: Procedure, Costs, and Customs - International shipping is expensive. You want to make sure you make all the right steps so your package arrives at its destination on time and in tact. And you also ...
- An Expat’s Guide to Finding Work in Thailand - Getting a job in Thailand is very easy or extremely difficult depending on who you ask or which expat blog you read. You often hear it said that Thailand is ...
- Thailand Hospitals: What to Do When You Need Medical Treatment - Sooner or later you're going to have to visit a hospital in Thailand. Maybe you'll come down with the flu. Maybe you'll have an accident. Or, maybe you'll need a ...
- The Thai Legal System: A Primer for Expats and Tourists - Many visitors and long-time residents of Thailand don't always terribly accurate picture of the legal system. Most of it is probably shaped by what tends to get reported in the media ...
Get Exclusive Expat Content
Get exclusive content that can’t be found on the website by becoming one of our supporters. With this content, you’ll discover insider strategies for expats, such as effective ways to get a job, negotiate rent, decrease medical expenses, and much more.
In addition to content, you’ll get..
- access to our 700+ member private Facebook group
- personal responses to your email questions
- monthly newsletters with Thailand deals and discounts
- and every ebook we publish
Your support helps us create more FREE guides on living, working, retiring, and starting businesses in Thailand.
Latest Articles for Thailand Expats
- Vaccinations in Thailand: A Guide for Tourists and Expats
- Thailand Education Visas: Where and What You Could Study in Thailand
- Thailand Re-entry Permits: How NOT to Lose Your Thailand Visa
- How to Become a Digital Nomad in Chiang Mai
- How to Teach English at Language Centers and Corporations
- How to Get a Residence Certificate in Thailand
- Thai Baht: How to Get the Best Exchange Rate
- How to Send Money from Australia to Thailand
- Teaching English in Thailand: Here’s What You Need to Know
- How to Write and File Your Last Will and Testament in Thailand
If you want to read more than just our tourist articles, you can find our full list of guides on this page.