The first time I heard of an ATM I was eleven years old. My aunt took me to Seaside Park, NJ for the day. She pulled the car to the side of the road and told me to wait while she got some money from the ATM. “What’s an ATM?” I wondered. My parents never […]
Making money in Thailand is important. But equally important is sending and receiving money at the best rates while spending little in fees. This category includes guides on costs of living, exchange rates, international money transfers, banks, and even cryptocurrency.
Recommended service to get good value from your money:
An alternative money transfer service for sending money from or to Thailand.
An international money transfer service that usually offers the best rates with transfer speed.
A credit card giving you free flights or business class upgrades without having to worry about foreign exchange rate.
Recommended Money Articles
- Thai Baht: How to Get the Absolute Best Exchange Rates - Whether you're traveling to or living in The Land of Smiles, when it comes to getting the best exchange rate in Thailand, you're left with a few questions to answer: ...
- Bangkok Cost of Living: How I Spend 80,658.52 Baht a Month (Update: January 2018) - So, you're thinking about making Thailand your home. It happens to all of us. We come here on vacation. We fall in love with the food and the people and ...
- XendPay Review: Send Money to Thailand for “Free” - Disclaimer: The article below includes partner links. I receive a financial compensation from people clicking on them. This happens at no cost to you and helps me cover some of ...
- Thai Credit Cards for Foreigners: Requirements and Benefits - Disclaimer: The article below includes partner links. I receive a financial compensation from people clicking on them. This happens at no cost to you and helps me cover some of ...
- Opening a Thai Bank Account: A Guide for Expats and Tourists - One of the first and most essential things expats need to figure out in Thailand is how to open a bank account. The guide below walks you through the most ...
Recent Money Articles
- Thai Health Insurance: Here’s What You Need to Know as an Expat
- How to Get an Income Affidavit from the US Embassy in Thailand
- Thailand Cost of Living-How Our Family Spends 78,465 Baht a Month
- How to Send Money from Australia to Thailand
- Bitcoins in Thailand: Mine, Use, and Trade Cryptocurrencies
- Making an International Money Transfer Quick and Cheap with TransferWise
- WorldRemit Review: A Cheap Way to Transfer Money Online
- Thailand Deals and Discounts: How to Save on Hotels, Flights and Food
- Moneytis Review: Find the Cheapest Way to Send Money Abroad
- A Pragmatic Guide to Money and Dating in Thailand
- How to Send Money to Thailand: The Fast, Cheap and Reliable Way
- A Guide to Online Grocery Shopping in Bangkok
- Thailand Money Matters: An In-Depth Guide for Expats
- Cost of Living in Bangkok: How I Spend ฿74,031.83 Every Month (Update: July 2015)
So, you’re thinking about making Thailand your home. It happens to all of us. We come here on vacation. We fall in love with the food and the people and the country. And then we spend the rest of the year counting down the days until our next trip–or, if you’re on the more extreme […]
When transferring money most of us have the different wants. Some of us want the fastest transfer. Some of use want the most straightforward transfer. And some of us want the best exchange rates. For me, I like when I can find a money transfer service that gives me all three. I used to use […]
Expats who frequently send money know that in most cases, you have to spend money to send money. If you’ve been using Western Union, for instance, you know that there’s a transfer fee for every transaction. And funds transferred via local banks have higher rates since they charge transfer and exchange rate fees. WorldRemit is a […]
Disclaimer: The article below includes partner links. I receive a financial compensation from people clicking on them. This happens at no cost to you and helps me cover some of the expenses of running this website. This is a short collection of discounts, deals and coupons I’ve come across for people visiting and living in […]