Foreigners visit Thailand for different reasons. Certain visits require a Thai Visa, while some don’t. If you intend to stay long-term, this in-depth guide contains a comprehensive guideline, a list of useful resources, and up-to-date procedures for Thai Visa application services. You can visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Thailand website for general visa information.
Understanding the Thai legal system, whether your an individual looking for a visa or a business looking to do business in Thailand, will help you navigate confusing Thai laws. This category includes guides on visas, social security, taxes, lawyers, and more.
Recommended legal services:
- Frank Legal & Tax
A boutique international law firm specialized in corporate, commercial, and real estate law.
- 1040 Abroad
A tax firm to help US citizens on taxation no matter where they are in the world.
Recommended Legal Articles
- An In-Depth Guide to Hiring a Lawyer in Thailand- If you found this page then you already know finding and dealing with a lawyer in Thailand can be a real challenge. I know. I went through the process when… ...
- How to Get a Residence Certificate in Thailand- There I was, crammed in the same tiny photocopying room for the second time in just ten minutes. The young kid working behind the copier recognized me, reached out his… ...
- How to Write and File Your Last Will and Testament in Thailand- When I was younger, I thought I was invincible. I didn’t need to worry about all those things like Wills or Living Wills. I had plenty of time. But, after… ...
- An In-Depth Guide to Thailand Visas: Applications, Requirements, and Extensions- Foreigners visit Thailand for different reasons. Certain visits require a Thai Visa, while some don’t. If you intend to stay long-term, this in-depth guide contains a comprehensive guideline, a list… ...
- The Thai Legal System: A Primer for Expats and Tourists- Many visitors and long-time residents of Thailand don't always terribly accurate picture of the legal system. Most of it is probably shaped by what tends to get reported in the media… ...
Recent Legal Articles
- How to File Taxes in Thailand as an American Expat
- A Short and Simple Guide to Thailand Retirement Visas
- Thailand Education Visas: Where and What You Could Study in Thailand
- Want a Work Permit in Thailand? Here’s How to Do It
- AMA With Pongkarn Khunpasee: Visas, Work Permits, and More
- Thai Marriage Visas: Apply for and Renew Your One-Year Visa
- U.S. Social Security: A Guide for U.S. Citizens in Thailand
- Lawyers in Phuket: A List of Recommended Law Firms
- Lawyers in Bangkok: A List of Recommended Law Firms
Many visitors and long-time residents of Thailand don’t always terribly accurate picture of the legal system. Most of it is probably shaped by what tends to get reported in the media – which tends to either highlight when the legal system fails or when it’s a particular prominent outlier that gets caught in it. In reality, […]
There’s no shortage of legal firms in Bangkok, but finding the right firm can be more of a challenge outside of the capital. The only city where I received significant intel during my work and research on lawyers in Thailand (aside from Bangkok of course) was Phuket – thus this article. If you happen to have […]
To me, finding a great law firm in Bangkok has always felt a bit like trying to find a straw needle in a haystack: it’s not only that I might have no idea what exactly I should be looking for, but I might not even realize when I’ve found one. There are some very general resources: embassies […]