It begins with the feeling of freedom. Freedom from the constraints of the West, the long winters, the corporate drudgery. But as the months pass and we near April, freedom turns into the grim reminder that no matter how far we fling ourselves from America, we’re prisoners of the IRS. We have this joke back […]
Understanding the Thai legal system, whether your an individual looking for a visa or a business looking to do business in Thailand, will help you navigate confusing Thai laws. This category includes guides on visas, social security, taxes, lawyers, and more.
Recommended legal services:
- Frank Legal & Tax
A boutique international law firm specialized in corporate, commercial, and real estate law.
- 1040 Abroad
A tax firm to help US citizens on taxation no matter where they are in the world.
Recommended Legal Articles
- An In-Depth Guide to Hiring a Lawyer in Thailand- If you found this page then you already know finding and dealing with a lawyer in Thailand can be a real challenge. I know. I went through the process when… ...
- How to Get a Residence Certificate in Thailand- There I was, crammed in the same tiny photocopying room for the second time in just ten minutes. The young kid working behind the copier recognized me, reached out his… ...
- How to Write and File Your Last Will and Testament in Thailand- When I was younger, I thought I was invincible. I didn’t need to worry about all those things like Wills or Living Wills. I had plenty of time. But, after… ...
- An In-Depth Guide to Thailand Visas: Applications, Requirements, and Extensions- Foreigners visit Thailand for different reasons. Certain visits require a Thai Visa, while some don’t. If you intend to stay long-term, this in-depth guide contains a comprehensive guideline, a list… ...
- The Thai Legal System: A Primer for Expats and Tourists- Many visitors and long-time residents of Thailand don't always terribly accurate picture of the legal system. Most of it is probably shaped by what tends to get reported in the media… ...
Recent Legal Articles
- How to File Taxes in Thailand as an American Expat
- A Short and Simple Guide to Thailand Retirement Visas
- Thailand Education Visas: Where and What You Could Study in Thailand
- Want a Work Permit in Thailand? Here’s How to Do It
- AMA With Pongkarn Khunpasee: Visas, Work Permits, and More
- Thai Marriage Visas: Apply for and Renew Your One-Year Visa
- U.S. Social Security: A Guide for U.S. Citizens in Thailand
- Lawyers in Phuket: A List of Recommended Law Firms
- Lawyers in Bangkok: A List of Recommended Law Firms
If you found this page then you already know finding and dealing with a lawyer in Thailand can be a real challenge. I know. I went through the process when I moved to Thailand. The challenge not only comes from the language barrier, but often from a different understanding of what a lawyer’s role is. […]
Have you been thinking about retiring in Thailand? Wondering what the requirements are to get a long term visa? In this post you’ll find out what financial requirements you need to meet, and which documents you need to present, to qualify for a Thailand retirement visa. What is it? The Thai retirement visa, or the […]
The Thai education visa. It’s not just for learning Thai. Despite popular belief, you can come to Thailand to study a wide array of subjects at many different places throughout the country. But the place and subject must be recognized by Thailand’s Ministry of Education. So if you have your sights set on studying languages, […]
Have a job lined up in Thailand? Then you’re going to need a work permit. This lets you legally work in the country, and you won’t have to worry about being blacklisted or deported.We created this article through the generous support of our readers. If you find this article helpful, please support us on Patreon. […]