I remember opening my first bank account in Thailand. A kind, middle-aged bank teller handled the application. My secretary was along to help translate. Halfway through the process, the teller turned to my secretary and asked, “Does he have a girlfriend?” Maybe I was lucky that I didn’t, because that account setup seemed to go […]
Making money in Thailand is important. But equally important is sending and receiving money at the best rates while spending little in fees. This category includes guides on costs of living, exchange rates, international money transfers, banks, and even cryptocurrency.
Recommended service to get good value from your money:
An alternative money transfer service for sending money from or to Thailand.
An international money transfer service that usually offers the best rates with transfer speed.
A credit card giving you free flights or business class upgrades without having to worry about foreign exchange rate.
Recommended Money Articles
- Thai Baht: How to Get the Best Exchange Rate - Editor's Note: This article was originally published in September of 2017 and has been completely revamped and updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness. Moments after you step off the plane, you'll ...
- Bangkok Cost of Living: How I Spend 80,658.52 Baht a Month (Update: January 2018) - So, you're thinking about making Thailand your home. It happens to all of us. We come here on vacation. We fall in love with the food and the people and ...
- XendPay Review: Send Money to Thailand for “Free” - Disclaimer: The article below includes partner links. I receive a financial compensation from people clicking on them. This happens at no cost to you and helps me cover some of ...
- Thai Credit Cards for Foreigners: Requirements and Benefits - Disclaimer: The article below includes partner links. I receive a financial compensation from people clicking on them. This happens at no cost to you and helps me cover some of ...
- Opening a Thai Bank Account: A Guide for Expats and Tourists - One of the first and most essential things expats need to figure out in Thailand is how to open a bank account. The guide below walks you through the most ...
Recent Money Articles
- How to Send Money from Australia to Thailand
- Bitcoins in Thailand: Mine, Use, and Trade Cryptocurrencies
- Making an International Money Transfer Quick and Cheap with TransferWise
- WorldRemit Review: A Cheap Way to Transfer Money Online
- Thai Health Insurance: Here’s What You Need to Know as an Expat
- Thailand Deals and Discounts: How to Save on Hotels, Flights and Food
- Moneytis Review: Find the Cheapest Way to Send Money Abroad
- A Pragmatic Guide to Money and Dating in Thailand
- How to Send Money to Thailand: The Fast, Cheap and Reliable Way
- A Guide to Online Grocery Shopping in Bangkok
- Thailand Money Matters: An In-Depth Guide for Expats
- Cost of Living in Bangkok: How I Spend ฿74,031.83 Every Month (Update: July 2015)
Looking for a more recent article? Check out my 2018 guide to the cost of living in Bangkok. For the last six months I’ve logged and categorized all of my personal expenses. This post lists them out in detail, accompanied by additional explanations, thoughts and observations. I hope it gives people a basis for comparison, helps them […]