If you missed our latest AMA—or Ask Me Anything—with insurance representative Madon Angelica Padilla, you can find a summary of the questions and answers on the Question and Answer section of Thailand Starter Kit.If you’d like to join the next AMA, there are a few ways to get in so you don’t miss your chance […]
Maintaining your health while living in Thailand is important. That’s why we’ve dedicated an entire section to keeping yourself and your loved ones healthy and protected. This category includes guides on health insurance, exercise, personal trainers, birth of children, and mental health.
Recommended services for taking care of your health in Thailand:
An offshore insurance company that Thailand Starter Kit founder, Karsten Aichholz, is insured with. They have a specific plan for SEA expats.
- Mister Prakan
A local insurance broker with great English support. You can compare insurance plans and buy from them directly.
One of the biggest international dental centers in Thailand coming with modern facilities, experienced dentists, and competitive prices.
Recommended Health Articles
- Thai Health Insurance: Here’s What You Need to Know as an Expat - When I wrote about my cost of living in Bangkok, a common question I got by email was: “Hey Karsten, what health insurance are you using?” If that’s all you ...
- An In-Depth Guide to Fitness in Bangkok: Activities, Locations, and Prices - You already know that staying fit in Bangkok isn’t easy. Liquid calories come in many forms. And with more holidays than months in a year, you always have a reason ...
- Thailand Hospitals: What to Do When You Need Medical Treatment - Sooner or later you're going to have to visit a hospital in Thailand. Maybe you'll come down with the flu. Maybe you'll have an accident. Or, maybe you'll need a ...
- Bangkok Health Checkup: Costs, Packages, and Hospitals - Why do you have headaches all the time? Why does your lower back hurt all the time? Why is it so hard to fall asleep at night? These are questions ...
- Having a Baby in Thailand: A Step By Step Guide for New Parents - Having a baby is an exciting time. Having a baby in a country you aren’t native to—like Thailand—is even more exciting. But after your nerves settle and you share ...
Recent Health Articles
- Vaccinations in Thailand: A Guide for Tourists and Expats
- Private Hospitals in Bangkok: The Best and Most Affordable Centers
- AMA with Madon Angelica Padilla of Mister Prakan Insurance
- Braces in Bangkok: Dental Centers, Treatments, and Costs
- Thailand Travel Insurance: Companies, Requirements, and Advice
- Mental Health in Thailand: Issues, Counseling, and Resources
- Personal Trainers in Bangkok: Gyms, Courses, and Prices
Why do you have headaches all the time? Why does your lower back hurt all the time? Why is it so hard to fall asleep at night? These are questions that you have probably asked yourself more than a couple of times now, to no avail. Although we can always assume causes, it is still […]
Growing up, my protruding teeth never bothered me. But once I started university and working, my confidence dropped. My teeth were so badly aligned, they actually changed the shape of my face. I was afraid to smile. And when it came to talking to strangers, I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I ran into […]
Are you planning a trip to Thailand? Thinking about getting travel insurance but overwhelmed at all the choices available to you? Don’t give up. This travel insurance guide will walk you through the process of selecting the perfect travel insurance plan for your trip to Thailand or Southeast Asia. After all, you don’t want to […]
Do you know expats have a higher chance of having mental health problems? Being away from home and living in a new setting, you can develop stress, anxiety, or depression. The outcome of mental health problems can damage your life. Fortunately, Thailand has various treatment methods with counselors and psychiatrists qualified under western standards. This […]