Traveling to a foreign country to get medical treatment might have seemed like a novel idea a decade ago. But thanks to quality healthcare, excellent facilities, affordable prices, and the vibe of the Land of Smiles, Thailand is the place to go for medical treatment. This guide shows you how to prepare for your medical […]
Maintaining your health while living in Thailand is important. That’s why we’ve dedicated an entire section to keeping yourself and your loved ones healthy and protected. This category includes guides on health insurance, exercise, personal trainers, birth of children, and mental health.
Recommended services for taking care of your health in Thailand:
An offshore insurance company that Thailand Starter Kit founder, Karsten Aichholz, is insured with. They have a specific plan for SEA expats.
- Mister Prakan
A local insurance broker with great English support. You can compare insurance plans and buy from them directly.
One of the biggest international dental centers in Thailand coming with modern facilities, experienced dentists, and competitive prices.
- Bangkok Hospital
A big hospital with experienced doctors and modern medical technology. You can visit them for any medical treatment.
Recommended Health Articles
- Bangkok Health Checkups: Costs, Packages, and Hospitals- Do you get unexplained, frequent headaches? Does your lower back hurt all the time? Is it hard for you to fall asleep at night? These are questions you and many… ...
- Thai Health Insurance: Here’s What You Need to Know as an Expat- When I wrote about my cost of living in Bangkok, a common question I got by email was: “Hey Karsten, what health insurance are you using?” If that’s all you… ...
- An In-Depth Guide to Fitness in Bangkok: Activities, Locations, and Prices- You already know that staying fit in Bangkok isn’t easy. Liquid calories come in many forms. And with more holidays than months in a year, you always have a reason… ...
- Thailand Hospitals: What to Do When You Need Medical Treatment- Sooner or later you're going to have to visit a hospital in Thailand. Maybe you'll come down with the flu. Maybe you'll have an accident. Or, maybe you'll need a… ...
- Having a Baby in Thailand: A Step By Step Guide for New Parents- Having a baby is an exciting time. Having a baby in a country you aren’t native to—like Thailand—is even more exciting. But after your nerves settle and you share… ...
Recent Health Articles
- World Nomads Review: Is it Worth the Money?
- The Complete Guide to Air Pollution in Bangkok: PM2.5, Air Purifiers, Masks, and More
- Organic Food in Bangkok: What You Need to Know
- Why BIDC is My Go-To Dental Center in Bangkok
- How to Pick the Best Hospital for Medical Tourism in Thailand
- How to Find a Dentist in Bangkok: Clinics, Quality, Costs, and More
- An Expat’s Guide to Buying Family Health Insurance in Thailand
- Vaccinations in Thailand: A Guide for Tourists and Expats
- Private Hospitals in Bangkok: The Best and Most Affordable Centers
- AMA with Madon Angelica Padilla of Mister Prakan Insurance
- Braces in Bangkok: Dental Centers, Treatments, and Costs
- Thailand Travel Insurance: Companies, Requirements, and Advice
- Mental Health in Thailand: Issues, Counseling, and Resources
- Personal Trainers in Bangkok: Gyms, Courses, and Prices
Last week you noticed your teeth were a little more sensitive than usual. A few days later that sensitivity grew into an underlying ache. Today, the ache turned into a throbbing pain and you couldn’t eat. Now you know it’s time to see a dentist. But you’re probably wondering: Are dentists in Bangkok safe? How […]
I’ve been in Thailand since 2014. If you asked me back then if you should get health insurance for your family, I would’ve said “no” because the cost of healthcare is cheap enough to pay for most costs out of pocket.In this guide you’ll come across affiliate and partner links. When you click and use […]
When I wrote about my cost of living in Bangkok, a common question I got by email was:In this guide you’ll come across affiliate and partner links. When you click and use their services or buy their products, Thailand Starter Kit gets a small commission. You won’t pay anything extra for these services or products, […]
You already know that staying fit in Bangkok isn’t easy. Liquid calories come in many forms. And with more holidays than months in a year, you always have a reason to go out for food and drinks. Even when you set out to stay in shape, Bangkok puts up a fight to keep you at […]