You already know that staying fit in Bangkok isn’t easy. Liquid calories come in many forms. And with more holidays than months in a year, you always have a reason to go out for food and drinks. Even when you set out to stay in shape, Bangkok puts up a fight to keep you at […]
Maintaining your health while living in Thailand is important. That’s why we’ve dedicated an entire section to keeping yourself and your loved ones healthy and protected. This category includes guides on health insurance, exercise, personal trainers, birth of children, and mental health.
Recommended services for taking care of your health in Thailand:
An offshore insurance company that Thailand Starter Kit founder, Karsten Aichholz, is insured with. They have a specific plan for SEA expats.
- Mister Prakan
A local insurance broker with great English support. You can compare insurance plans and buy from them directly.
One of the biggest international dental centers in Thailand coming with modern facilities, experienced dentists, and competitive prices.
Recommended Health Articles
- An In-Depth Guide to Fitness in Bangkok: Activities, Locations, and Prices - You already know that staying fit in Bangkok isn’t easy. Liquid calories come in many forms. And with more holidays than months in a year, you always have a reason ...
- Thailand Hospitals: What to Do When You Need Medical Treatment - Sooner or later you're going to have to visit a hospital in Thailand. Maybe you'll come down with the flu. Maybe you'll have an accident. Or, maybe you'll need a ...
- Bangkok Health Checkup: Costs, Packages, and Hospitals - Why do you have headaches all the time? Why does your lower back hurt all the time? Why is it so hard to fall asleep at night? These are questions ...
- Thai Health Insurance: Here’s What You Need to Know as an Expat - When I wrote about my cost of living in Bangkok a few weeks back, the most common question I received by e-mail was what health insurance I'm using. If that's ...
- Having a Baby in Thailand: A Step By Step Guide for New Parents - Having a baby is an exciting time. Having a baby in a country you aren’t native to—like Thailand—is even more exciting. But after your nerves settle and you share ...
Recent Health Articles
- Vaccinations in Thailand: A Guide for Tourists and Expats
- Private Hospitals in Bangkok: The Best and Most Affordable Centers
- AMA with Madon Angelica Padilla of Mister Prakan Insurance
- Braces in Bangkok: Dental Centers, Treatments, and Costs
- Thailand Travel Insurance: Companies, Requirements, and Advice
- Mental Health in Thailand: Issues, Counseling, and Resources
- Personal Trainers in Bangkok: Gyms, Courses, and Prices
The adage “Prevention is better than cure” from Desiderius Erasmus, (1466 – 1536), is frequently heard some 500 years after the phrase was coined. Medical science and research focuses on anything and everything to do with the human body, and this has undoubtedly increased human lifespan. Prevention by vaccination, for example, for many deadly and […]
Sooner or later you’re going to have to visit a hospital in Thailand. Maybe you’ll come down with the flu. Maybe you’ll have an accident. Or, maybe you’ll need a place to deliver your baby. If you stay in Thailand long-term, your bound to visit a hospital. Although it might sound like a bummer to […]
Bangkok has become one of the top destinations in the world for medical tourism, thanks to affordable prices, English speaking hospital staff, and excellent services. Expats who live abroad in Bangkok enjoy excellent medical care at a price that is a fraction of what the same procedure would cost back home. Others travel specifically to […]
If you missed our latest AMA—or Ask Me Anything—with insurance representative Madon Angelica Padilla, you can find a summary of the questions and answers on the Question and Answer section of Thailand Starter Kit.If you’d like to join the next AMA, there are a few ways to get in so you don’t miss your chance […]