Growing up, my protruding teeth never bothered me. But once I started university and working, my confidence dropped. My teeth were so badly aligned, they actually changed the shape of my face. I was afraid to smile. And when it came to talking to strangers, I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I ran into […]
Maintaining your health while living in Thailand is important. That’s why we’ve dedicated an entire section to keeping yourself and your loved ones healthy and protected. This category includes guides on health insurance, exercise, personal trainers, birth of children, and mental health.
Recommended services for taking care of your health in Thailand:
An offshore insurance company that Thailand Starter Kit founder, Karsten Aichholz, is insured with. They have a specific plan for SEA expats.
- Mister Prakan
A local insurance broker with great English support. You can compare insurance plans and buy from them directly.
One of the biggest international dental centers in Thailand coming with modern facilities, experienced dentists, and competitive prices.
- Bangkok Hospital
A big hospital with experienced doctors and modern medical technology. You can visit them for any medical treatment.
Recommended Health Articles
- Bangkok Health Checkups: Costs, Packages, and Hospitals- Do you get unexplained, frequent headaches? Does your lower back hurt all the time? Is it hard for you to fall asleep at night? These are questions you and many… ...
- Thai Health Insurance: Here’s What You Need to Know as an Expat- When I wrote about my cost of living in Bangkok, a common question I got by email was: “Hey Karsten, what health insurance are you using?” If that’s all you… ...
- An In-Depth Guide to Fitness in Bangkok: Activities, Locations, and Prices- You already know that staying fit in Bangkok isn’t easy. Liquid calories come in many forms. And with more holidays than months in a year, you always have a reason… ...
- Thailand Hospitals: What to Do When You Need Medical Treatment- Sooner or later you're going to have to visit a hospital in Thailand. Maybe you'll come down with the flu. Maybe you'll have an accident. Or, maybe you'll need a… ...
- Having a Baby in Thailand: A Step By Step Guide for New Parents- Having a baby is an exciting time. Having a baby in a country you aren’t native to—like Thailand—is even more exciting. But after your nerves settle and you share the… ...
Recent Health Articles
- How to Pick the Best Travel Insurance for Your Thailand Trip
- World Nomads Review: Is it Worth the Money?
- The Complete Guide to Air Pollution in Bangkok: PM2.5, Air Purifiers, Masks, and More
- Organic Food in Bangkok: What You Need to Know
- Why BIDC is My Go-To Dental Center in Bangkok
- How to Pick the Best Hospital for Medical Tourism in Thailand
- How to Find a Dentist in Bangkok: Clinics, Quality, Costs, and More
- An Expat’s Guide to Buying Family Health Insurance in Thailand
- Vaccinations in Thailand: A Guide for Tourists and Expats
- Private Hospitals in Bangkok: The Best and Most Affordable Centers
- AMA with Madon Angelica Padilla of Mister Prakan Insurance
- Braces in Bangkok: Dental Centers, Treatments, and Costs
- Mental Health in Thailand: Issues, Counseling, and Resources
- Personal Trainers in Bangkok: Gyms, Courses, and Prices
Do you know expats have a higher chance of having mental health problems? Being away from home and living in a new setting, you can develop stress, anxiety, or depression. The outcome of mental health problems can damage your life. Fortunately, Thailand has various treatment methods with counselors and psychiatrists qualified under western standards.We created […]
Whether you decide to take personal training when you move to Bangkok (a decision that is highly recommended since Thai food is famous for its exquisite flavors and packing on pounds is inevitable) or already have had experience with personal training before, you will be happy to know that there are a lot of choices when it comes to fitness gyms.
Having a baby is an exciting time. Having a baby in a country you aren’t native to—like Thailand—is even more exciting. But after your nerves settle and you share the good news with your closest family, you and your partner have much to think about. Where do you start? How do you find a good […]