You already know that staying fit in Bangkok isn’t easy. Liquid calories come in many forms. And with more holidays than months in a year, you always have a reason to go out for food and drinks. Even when you set out to stay in shape, Bangkok puts up a fight to keep you at […]
Living in Thailand, you’ll want to do more than just work. That’s where our Lifestyle section helps you. This category includes guides on cell phone plans, bookstores, groceries, martial arts, and more.
Recommended services for making your lifestyle easier:
Thailand's Amazon, selling almost everything.
Buy fresh products online and have them delivered right to your door.
Recommended Lifestyle Articles
- An In-Depth Guide to Fitness in Bangkok: Activities, Locations, and Prices - You already know that staying fit in Bangkok isn’t easy. Liquid calories come in many forms. And with more holidays than months in a year, you always have a reason ...
- Bangkok Muay Thai Gyms: Costs, Reviews, and Locations - I first came to Thailand to train Muay Thai in 2007. The landscape of the sport was different. The internet hadn’t yet entrenched itself into the sport. And finding gyms, ...
- Car and Motorcycle Insurance in Thailand: A Complete Buying Guide - Road accidents happen regularly in the Land of Smiles. With over 60,000 yearly accidents reported, the risk of encountering an accident no matter how carefully you drive is high. Motorcycles ...
- Buying a Car in Thailand: What You Need to Know - The public transportation system is unreliable in most parts of Thailand. Having a car is necessary for many Thais and expats who live here. Sure Bangkok has the BTS and ...
- A Guide to Online Grocery Shopping in Bangkok - Disclaimer: The article below includes partner links. I receive a financial compensation from people clicking on them. This happens at no cost to you and helps me cover some of ...
Recent Lifestyle Articles
- Christmas Dinner in Bangkok: Restaurants, Locations, and Prices
- Bangkok Swimming Classes: How to Pick the Right School for Your Kid
- Thai SIM Cards: Plans, Data, Price, and Registration
- Christmas in Bangkok: 4 Places to Buy Christmas Trees
- Bangkok Veterinarians: Hospitals, Services, and Costs
- Lonely Planet’s Thailand Travel Guide Review
- Muay Thai in Thailand: Gear, Gym Reviews, Stadiums, Podcasts, and More
- Transportation in Bangkok: A Guide to Taxis, Buses, Trains and Mobile Apps
- Renting a Car in Thailand: What You Need to Know
- How to Get a Thai Driving License: Documents, Test and Renewal
- Flights Within Thailand: A Guide to Airlines and Cheap Tickets
- Bookstores in Bangkok: Where to Get Your Reading Fix
I first came to Thailand to train Muay Thai in 2007. The landscape of the sport was different. The internet hadn’t yet entrenched itself into the sport. And finding gyms, developing connections, and understanding the who’s, what’s, why’s, and how’s were so much more difficult. I decided to come to the country because I’d never […]
It was around seven thirty. The staff came out and lined up on the floor. I took a bite of my chicken, watching closely, then put my fork down, grabbed my daughter, and balanced her on my knee. We both peeked over the balcony of the second level, where we had been eating our dinner. […]
My one-year old daughter stood at the edge of the pool, knees bent and hesitant. I stood below her, in the pool, ready to catch her. I turned to my wife to signal to her to watch Big M’s first jump. I turned back and reached out my hands to catch my daughter. But when […]
It was a ritual every year. I’d turn my phone off at JFK International Airport and wouldn’t turn it back on again until I returned home from Thailand. I basked in the glory of being disconnected–even for just a few weeks. But this was long before smartphones and GPS and Expedia and Booking.com and, hell, […]