Understanding the Thai legal system, whether your an individual looking for a visa or a business looking to do business in Thailand, will help you navigate confusing Thai laws. This category includes guides on visas, social security, taxes, lawyers, and more.
- AMA With Pongkarn Khunpasee: Visas, Work Permits, and More! - If you missed our Thailand Starter Kit Facebook Community group’s inaugural 2018 AMA—or Ask Me Anything—no worries. We have you covered. After each of our AMAs, we’re going to recap the questions and answers and post them on the Question and Answer section of Thailand Starter Kit.If you’d like to join the next AMA, there […]
- Thai Marriage Visas: Apply for and Renew Your One-Year Visa - I stepped out onto the slushy streets of New York City. The wind ripped through my bones. Warm air billowed from my mouth like the steam twisting and rolling out of the metal stacks on East 52nd Street. Behind me, the Thai Consulate building. In front of me, a world of wonder. As far as […]
- U.S. Social Security: A Guide for U.S. Citizens in Thailand - Thailand attracts expats from all over the world. But if you’re American, you must consider a few things before relocating here. The US government taxes you on income no matter where you live. So I’d like to tell you what happens with your Social Security Tax when you move to Thailand. Social Security Explanation So, […]
- An In-Depth Guide to Thailand Visas: Applications, Requirements, and Extensions - Foreigners visit Thailand for different reasons. Certain visits require a Thai Visa, while some don’t. If you intend to stay long-term, this in-depth guide contains a comprehensive guideline, a list of useful resources, and up-to-date procedures for Thai Visa application services. You can visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Thailand website for general visa information.
- The Thai Legal System: A Primer for Expats and Tourists - Many visitors and long-time residents of Thailand don’t always terribly accurate picture of the legal system. Most of it is probably shaped by what tends to get reported in the media – which tends to either highlight when the legal system fails or when it’s a particular prominent outlier that gets caught in it. In reality, […]
- Lawyers in Phuket: A List of Recommended Law Firms - There’s no shortage of legal firms in Bangkok, but finding the right firm can be more of a challenge outside of the capital. The only city where I received significant intel during my work and research on lawyers in Thailand (aside from Bangkok of course) was Phuket – thus this article. If you happen to have […]
- Lawyers in Bangkok: A List of Recommended Law Firms - To me, finding a great law firm in Bangkok has always felt a bit like trying to find a straw needle in a haystack: it’s not only that I might have no idea what exactly I should be looking for, but I might not even realize when I’ve found one. There are some very general resources: embassies […]
- An In-Depth Guide to Hiring a Lawyer in Thailand - Finding and dealing with a lawyer can be a real headache in Thailand. I have been though that before when I moved to Thailand, especially during my few first years. The problem not only comes from the language barrier, but often from a very different understanding of what their role entails. Unlike other ‘expat issues’, […]
- Lawyer: An independent lawyer with reasonable fees for general legal matters including real estate disputes, legal contracts, family law, and incorporation issues.
- Frank Legal & Tax: A boutique international law firm specialized in corporate, commercial, and real estate law.
If you have any specific legal questions, ask here and someone from our team will usually reply within a couple days.