Maintaining your health while living in Thailand is important. That’s why we’ve dedicated an entire section to keeping yourself and your loved ones healthy and protected. This category includes guides on health insurance, exercise, personal trainers, birth of children, and mental health.
- AMA with Madon Angelica Padilla of Mister Prakan Insurance - If you missed our latest AMA—or Ask Me Anything—with insurance representative Madon Angelica Padilla, you can find a summary of the questions and answers on the Question and Answer section of Thailand Starter Kit.If you’d like to join the next AMA, there are a few ways to get in so you don’t miss your chance […]
- Bangkok Health Checkup: Costs, Packages, and Hospitals - Why do you have headaches all the time? Why does your lower back hurt all the time? Why is it so hard to fall asleep at night? These are questions that you have probably asked yourself more than a couple of times now, to no avail. Although we can always assume causes, it is still […]
- Braces in Bangkok: Dental Centers, Treatments, and Costs - Growing up, my protruding teeth never bothered me. But once I started university and working, my confidence dropped. My teeth were so badly aligned, they actually changed the shape of my face. I was afraid to smile. And when it came to talking to strangers, I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I ran into […]
- Thailand Travel Insurance: Companies, Requirements, and Advice - Are you planning a trip to Thailand? Thinking about getting travel insurance but overwhelmed at all the choices available to you? Don’t give up. This travel insurance guide will walk you through the process of selecting the perfect travel insurance plan for your trip to Thailand or Southeast Asia. After all, you don’t want to […]
- Thai Health Insurance: Here’s What You Need to Know as an Expat - Disclaimer: The article below includes partner links. I receive a financial compensation from people clicking on them. This happens at no cost to you and helps me cover some of the expenses of running this website. When I wrote about my cost of living in Bangkok a few weeks back, the most common question I […]
- Mental Health in Thailand: Issues, Counseling, and Resources - Do you know expats have a higher chance of having mental health problems? Being away from home and living in a new setting, you can develop stress, anxiety, or depression. The outcome of mental health problems can damage your life. Fortunately, Thailand has various treatment methods with counselors and psychiatrists qualified under western standards. This […]
- Personal Trainers in Bangkok: Gyms, Courses, and Prices - Whether you decide to take personal training when you move to Bangkok (a decision that is highly recommended since Thai food is famous for its exquisite flavors and packing on pounds is inevitable) or already have had experience with personal training before, you will be happy to know that there are a lot of choices when it comes to fitness gyms.
- Having a Baby in Thailand: A Step By Step Guide for New Parents - Having a baby is an exciting time. Having a baby in a country you aren’t native to—like Thailand—is even more exciting. But after your nerves settle and you share the good news with your closest family, you and your partner have much to think about. Where do you start? How do you find a […]
- An In-Depth Guide to Fitness in Bangkok: Activities, Locations, and Prices - Disclaimer: The article below includes partner links. I receive a financial compensation from people clicking on them. This happens at no cost to you and helps me cover some of the expenses of running this website. Staying fit in Bangkok isn’t easy. Liquid calories come in many forms, and with significantly more holidays than months […]
An offshore insurance company that Thailand Starter Kit founder, Karsten Aichholz, is insured with. They have a specific plan for SEA expats.
A local insurance broker with great English support. You can compare insurance plans and buy from them directly.
One of the biggest international dental centers in Thailand coming with modern facilities, experienced dentists, and competitive prices.
If you have any specific questions about healthcare in Thailand, ask here and someone from our team will usually reply within a couple days.