Navigating Thailand’s roads can be time consuming and dangerous. You want to make sure your documents are up-to-date and legitimate. This category includes guides on driving licenses, car and motorcycle insurance, buying and renting cars, and transportation systems.
- Car and Motorcycle Insurance in Thailand: A Complete Buying Guide - Road accidents happen regularly in the Land of Smiles. With over 60,000 yearly accidents reported, the risk of encountering an accident no matter how carefully you drive is high. Motorcycles cut in front of you from unexpected angles. Taxi drivers suddenly change lanes without giving a signal. And buses drive speedily even during heavy traffic. […]
- Transportation in Bangkok: A Guide to Taxis, Busses, Trains and Mobile Apps - Disclaimer: The article below includes partner links. I receive a financial compensation from people clicking on them. This happens at no cost to you and helps me cover some of the expenses of running this website. So, you’ve landed at Suvharnabhumi. You’ve navigated through the Kafkaesque torment that is Immigration, and you’ve retrieved what may […]
- Buying a Car in Thailand: What You Need to Know - The public transportation system is unreliable in most parts of Thailand. Having a car is necessary for many Thais and expats who live here. Sure Bangkok has the BTS and MRT. And most major towns and cities have a van network and local buses or songthaews. But these don’t serve the needs of everyone. I […]
- Renting a Car in Thailand: What You Need to Know - Renting a car is a great way to explore the Kingdom of Thailand. If you are not in Bangkok, public transportation options are quite limited outside downtown areas. Fortunately, there are several car rental companies, both local and international, that have branches across the country covering various locations as well as the airports.
- How to Get a Thai Driving License: Documents, Test and Renewal - Expats planning to drive a car in Thailand should apply for a Thai driving license. This is the only way to ensure that you can drive legally in the country and are fully covered by a car insurance policy. It can also serve as an ID card issued by the government. In addition, a Thai driving license can be done in a single day, costs a few hundred baht, and is valid in 10 ASEAN countries.
- Flights Within Thailand: A Guide to Airlines and Cheap Tickets - As easy as it seems, booking a domestic flight ticket in Thailand can be more complicated than you think. With over six airlines that seem to have a different policy on everything, sometimes we just have no idea which airline we should use, especially when the price isn’t that different. Do you know that AirAsia […]
- Five Tips for Driving Safely in Thailand - Thailand can be a wonderful place to live, with good infrastructure, modern comforts and some of the most beautiful sites in Southeast Asia. However it sorely lacks in one area: road safety. Thailand’s roads have the second-highest fatality rates in the world, according to road accident statistics in a 2015 World Health Organization report. In […]
Get around the city easily with the biggest ride sharing app in the world.
A handy application to call a taxi.
Bus Online Ticket
An easy way to buy tickets for buses, trains, and ferries.
If you have any specific questions about transportation in Thailand, ask here and someone from our team will usually reply within a couple days.