Living in Thailand, you’ll want to do more than just work. That’s where our Lifestyle section helps you. This category includes guides on cell phone plans, bookstores, groceries, martial arts, and more.
- Bangkok Muay Thai Gyms: Costs, Reviews, and Locations - I first came to Thailand to train Muay Thai in 2007. The landscape of the sport was different. The internet hadn’t yet entrenched itself into the sport. And finding gyms, developing connections, and understanding the who’s, what’s, why’s, and how’s were so much more difficult. I decided to come to the country because I’d never […]
- Thai SIM Cards: Plans, Data, Price, and Registration - It was a ritual every year. I’d turn my phone off at JFK International Airport and wouldn’t turn it back on again until I returned home from Thailand. I basked in the glory of being disconnected–even for just a few weeks. But this was long before smartphones and GPS and Expedia and Booking.com and, hell, […]
- Christmas in Bangkok: 4 Places to Buy Christmas Trees - The first Christmas we spent in Thailand, my wife and I only had one daughter and she was a year old. We didn’t feel the need to go all out with decorations and gifts. And plus our condo was small. So small that having a big tree would’ve taken up valuable floor space. So we […]
- Bangkok Veterinarians: Hospitals, Services, and Costs - When one of my dogs had a kidney problem, I had no idea where to take him for an ultrasound. Only while shopping at Paradise Park did I discover Thonglor Pet. I was lucky. It turned out to be one of the best places in town. My dog got just what he needed. And to […]
- Lonely Planet’s Thailand Travel Guide Review - Most travelers, especially those new to Thailand, step off the plane to find themselves in a strange world. There are some familiarities, like escalators, Subway sandwich shops, McDonald’s, and English language signs that read “Bathroom.” But those western assurances slowly fade away the further you get from the airport. That’s where guidebooks like Lonely Planet’s Thailand Travel Guide come in.
- Muay Thai in Thailand: Gear, Gym Reviews, Stadiums, Podcasts, and More - If you’re in Thailand and want to get some training in, buy some gear, watch some fights, or read up on some news, check out the resources below. This will be a living page of all podcasts, blogs, forums, gear shops, stadiums, etc. in Thailand. The key phrase here is “in Thailand.” If I’ve missed […]
- Bookstores in Bangkok: Where to Get Your Reading Fix - Coming to a foreign country always implies downtime. There is the slowness of travel, the moments in which you don’t know what’s going on, and just the time needed to acclimate yourself to a new culture. One of the best ways to pass the time is by reading. Here in Bangkok, there are a multitude […]
- A Guide to Online Grocery Shopping in Bangkok - Disclaimer: The article below includes partner links. I receive a financial compensation from people clicking on them. This happens at no cost to you and helps me cover some of the expenses of running this website. Tired of eating noodle soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Unwilling to shell out THB 490 for a spinach pizza […]
- An In-Depth Guide to Fitness in Bangkok: Activities, Locations, and Prices - Disclaimer: The article below includes partner links. I receive a financial compensation from people clicking on them. This happens at no cost to you and helps me cover some of the expenses of running this website. Staying fit in Bangkok isn’t easy. Liquid calories come in many forms, and with significantly more holidays than months […]
Thailand’s Amazon, selling almost everything.
Buy fresh products online and have them delivered right to your door.
If you have any specific questions about Thai lifestyle, ask here and someone from our team will usually reply within a couple days.